Spring is finally here! If you want to do some spring cleaning but don’t know where to start, here are some quick tips!
Use a rag and soapy water, then clean with another rag. You can get good quality rags at auto parts store as well as a windshield squeegee, which can help
- Focus on the outside where dirt builds up more
- Try to clean on cloudy days so the sun won’t dry the soap before you are done wiping
- For a quick touch up, focus on high-traffic zones that get dirtier quicker, including where people eat, play areas, where pets spend time
- Vacuum first, and run the vacuum for 30 seconds over the worse spots
- Use an inexpensive cleaner and degreaser, and cloths. Spray, let sit for 10 minutes and use cloth to blot up
- Use a hairdryer to help speed up drying, and open windows
- Professional carpet cleaning is suggested 3-4 times/year
- Clean the outside AND the inside!
- Take out all shelves and wash with warm, soapy water. Dry and put back
- Taking out the shelves is a great opportunity to throw away old or expired food
- Salt and soda water is a great cleaner as well. The bubbling factor of soda water combined with abrasiveness of salt will help get rid of buildup
- For areas that can’t be removed, clean with soapy water and sponge, wipe down to dry
- For stainless steel, try cleaning exterior with a wax-based aerosol spray. Use 1-2 time per week
- Blankets that have been in storage might not need to be washed, just aired out in the sun for a few hours
- Always clean sheets every 2 weeks, and comforters 3-4 times per year based on manufacturer’s label directions
- While bedding is in the wash, clean mattress using crevice tool of vaccuum. Spot clean with upholstery cleaner
- Sanitize mattress with a little bit of disinfectant spray and remake beds
When starting the often daunting task of spring cleaning, it’s best to go in with a plan and how much time you will dedicate to each activity. Don’t try to overdo it by attempting to clean everything in one day. Delegate tasks to family members as well, and get all your cleaning supplies together before you start.
The Janki Patel Team hopes these tips were helpful and we wish you all the best in your spring cleaning adventures.